The Studio 1 Toy
Here is a run-down of the equipment used in studio 1 - if you require any
further detail please contact
us directly... or look here for details of the gear
in Studio 2
|All our equipment is maintained in perfect condition to ensure fast, easy
|All digital and video equipment is accurately clocked from a central SPG
for clarity |
|We offer a wide range of Digital, Class A, and Valve (Tube) technology|
The ultimate fully digital room - with a selection of equipment that allows the engineer
and producer the widest palette of sound 'colors' to work with in order to
produce exactly the mood and feel required in any given production....mix with
48 track and more, do full 5.1 surround mixes in various surround formats, the
best solution for your high-end audio needs - be they album production, TVC,
high-end documentary and corporate work or CD Mastering
- Video Facilities
- Sony Betacam SP, Portia Digital Random Access Video Recorder, VHS
- Picture Monitors
- Control Room - Barco 28" Viewing Monitor. Large Scale
Projector and Cinema Screen, Studio - 28"
Barco Video Monitor
- Mixing Console
- Project X - 144 Input Digital Mixer with full 5.1 Surround Panning on
- The smoothest, most analogue sounding 48 -Bit EQ on all channels,
- 144 x full compressors with Pultec type characteristics,
- 144 x Gates/Expanders and 'hush' noise reduction for guiter amps and
- 144 x Digital Delays for correcting mic positions for phase accuracy,
- 8 x Aux sends (pre or post, fully dynamically automated), Hi and Lo
- Dolby Pro-Logic TM compatible
- All console parameters are adjustable from the
central master section for optimum monitoring, full dynamic automation of every mixer switch
and rotary control with full recall of all settings.
- The American
alternative to Neve with the smoothest, most natural sound of any
digital mixer we have ever worked with ! The Ultimate...also has 2 x
very funky onboard 24 bit Effects Units !
- Otari RADAR II 24-Bit multitracks with 48 track record and replay.
Full editing features and VGA display of waveforms. Backup onto
Exabyte drives for long term reliability. Probably the best sounding
multitracks in the world....
- Editors (DAW)
- Steingberg Nuendo/RME audio editors with 64 physical i/o - superb audio
quality combined with fast operation. Timecode linked to the Otari
RADAR II's to allow a feast of separate tracks to easily handle the
most complex of large scale film jobs.
- 2-Track & Master Recorders and Formats
- Otari DTR-90 Timecode DAT recorder, Plextor SCSI CD Writer, Sony
Minidisc, Sony Betacam, Sony VHS, DDP format
Exabyte for risk-free CD Manufacture and also Dennon Cassette.
- Full 5.1 TAD Main monitors - soffit-mounted, time aligned with
24-bit digital electronics, and custom built to exactly match the control room acoustics.
- Studio Technologies Surround Monitoring Matrix Controller model
58/59 for up to 7.1 monitoring
- A wide range of
Near-Field monitors are available according to your taste - these
include Genelec S30C, Genelec 1030, Genelec 1029, KRK ...and my mates'
- Outboard Effects
- In the digital domain: we have
- 1 x Lexicon 960L with Larc 2...
- 1 x TC M6000 reverb and MD3 Dynamics algorithms on a TC Powercore
- 3 x T.C M5000 processors with full ATAC remote control system ...
- 6 x TC M2000 processors with AES connection to the digital
2 x Onboard Digital Effects processors within the Project X
mixer offering simultaneous Delays, Duckers, Reverbs, Chorus in any
combination on both units.....gives you sounds that are virtually
impossible to get on conventional effects processors
- In the analog domain: we also have
the vintage AMS DMS 15:80s delay including dual pitch and de-glitch options, 4 x Channels of Ensoniq DP4+ effects for wonderful dirty guitar, bass and Hammond
organ sounds...who says clean is always good !
- Outboard EQ and Compressors
Focusrite ISA 215 dual Mic-Pre and EQ - The Blue Beast ! Probably
the most sought after Class A analog EQ in the world - superb.
Focusrite RED 2 EQ - dual channel
- very similar electronics to the
ISA 215 but without the mic-preamps - stunning sound and character
Focusrite RED 3 - One of the most natural analog, Class A
Orban Parametric - The
classic "Dr.Orban" fixes all your EQ problems - includes
notch filters !
T.L.Audio CL1B - the Classic TL Valve
Compressor..really warms up your sound
4 x channels of Bellari Valve Opto-Compressor -
seriously "Valvey" sounding !
2 x Channels of Bellari Valve Exciter - the only
"Exciter" that we have used that actually makes things sound
Microphones and DI Boxes
Neuman TLM 193 - very clean Solid State, large diaphragm microphone
Rode Classic Valve microphone - very warm and powerful sound - multiple
Rode NTK - Valve Microphones with large format capsule - again warm, rich
Earthworks mics - small capsule omni's - very natural and detailed sound.
Sure Beta 57's - just in case you want a dynamic on your drums !
4 x Channels of Bellari Valve DI boxes to warm your synths up......
Other gear is available upon request.........